Sunday, February 2, 2014

a bird's eye view

Grenoble is situated in the middle of three massifs: Belledonne, Chartreuse and Vercours. You are pretty much guaranteed a view of one of them when walking down any street in Grenoble, especially where there are no buildings to obstruct your visibility!
A few weekends ago, my host family and I went on a randonnée to Fort Saint Eynard. The fort sits perched upon Mont Saint Eynard and is part of the Chartreuse mountains.



We started off walking on a snow blazed road squished in between huge, towering trees that let only the teensiest amount of sunlight through. As we ascended, we veered off onto a small trail which de temps en temps allowed my feet sink down to my ankles in fresh powdery snow. After huffing and puffing and slipping and sliding our way up to the top, I approached the absolute most beautiful sight I've ever seen.


So this is Grenoble, welcome.
Celebratory snow balls were thrown and meanwhile, I was standing there in complete awe.


Grenoble, you are truly a magical city.

No comments:

Post a Comment