Saturday, May 4, 2013

the loveliest things

I am a HUGE fan of this blog called The Lipstick Gospel (check.it.out) and the writer, Stephanie May, always features little blurbs of her friends and of her own called "The Loveliest Things". Today I decided to write my own, in honor of my favorite blog.

1. Driving around College Station
(I know some haters are gonna hate on this one, but I'm doin' me.)
I absolutely adore my school. I could go on and on about the spirit of Aggieland and all the special traditions, but today I'll just hit on the town itself. It's so fun to just drive around and see all the fun places that Bryan/College Station has to offer. This morning my friend and I went to this SKETCHY looking restaurant called Shannon's Cafe in Bryan. The restaurant itself was barely twice the size of my room. I ordered bacon and pancakes; Victoria ordered eggs, grits and toast. The pancakes tasted strongly of vanilla extract which was a sweet, strong taste and I felt like I was in the deep South. The relationships and bonds that tie me to this place are so strong and bring me so much joy that I can't help but have a huge grin on my face as I drive around.


Also, I am hardly ever upset about a nice little drive out to the majestic Lake Bryan. 


2. Hot Tea
I'm not sure whether it's the excitement of having a new painted mug to hold, the joy of trying out new flavors, or walking around stores like World Market and exploring all the cute kettles and giraffe mugs, but something about drinking tea makes me feel fancy and sophisticated. 



3.  Vulnerability
Being vulnerable and seeing other people be vulnerable is one of the most powerful things in this world. When we are open and vulnerable with each other, it allows for close bonds to be formed because we are getting to understand ourselves and each other on a deeper level. Having a sensitive and tender heart is not a bad thing. I am thankful for the people in my life who have shown me how to truly be open and share what Jesus has taught me through my life and experiences. 

4. Jesus Musik
Whether I'm driving, running, studying or just hanging around, there is never a bad time to get some truth in my life via Christian rap. These guys are legit. I'm so impressed how they have used their talents and skills and worked hard to provide scripture and truth in a new way. 


Trip Lee // One Sixteen



Lecrae // Tell The World

No comments:

Post a Comment